Quote

Black Lives Matter

Friday 24 July 2015

Kirsten Kimono Dress and Tee + Extra top

A while ago I downloaded the free Kirsten Kimono Tee pattern. I've lengthened the sleeves by 4.5 cm, scooped the front neckline slightly, straightened the back neckline and flared the sides slightly.

The first version had enough spare fabric to be a dress, so that's what it is (for now at least) though it may get shortened to a top.
The second version was made as a top with a slightly curved hemline.
After that I used the rest of this tissue weight synthetic feeling fabric to make my classic New Look 6414/ 6735 hybrid tee with 3/4 length sleeves.
All sewn with black thread on the sewing machine, overlocker and coverhem. I might switch over to ivory now and make some more next week.

And the Summery Summary is here

I seem to have made:-
1 x pair of leggings
4 x A line midi skirts
2 x knee lngth pencil skirts
1 x dress
1 x tunic
2 x silk culotte slips
5 x short sleeved top
3 x long sleeved tops
and all without changing the thread on the sewing machine, overlocker and coverhem (Actually I rethreaded with black after some alterations and repairs)


1 comment:

Jenni said...

Both are very nice. I like the striped one best I think. Its very summery. With a red jacket and red shoes it could look really fab for a casual summer look. The other print looks more work appropriate, so a good mix of on and off duty looks.