Quote

Black Lives Matter

Saturday 20 June 2015

KonMari 1.4 Hanging items

So having done the other tops naturally lead on to looking at the shirts and blouses which hang up.
I went through these and found 5 to donate.
I then carried on with the hanging items making up outfits as I went,
matching jacket+trousers/skirt suit
jacket with co-ordinating skirt/trousers/dress
and a selection of navy and black bottoms which together with the various tops work with the bright jackets (red, lime, turquoise etc)
A few things I learned from the things which got donated were:-
I mostly don't wear light bottoms, two things which had a trim round the neckline (a piped jacket and a grosgrain trimmed shirt) are not my style (too preppy?)
Overall I donated 4 jackets, 4 skirts, 1 knit dress, 5 shirts, 1 scarf and 2 pairs of trousers. I did wear these things occasionally, but always in a slightly forced way so they are not going to be a huge loss in my wardrobe.
I am sure there will be more to come out, but at this stage, and without much pain I am pleased with.
No pictures of the wardrobe yet as I have lots of stuff in the bottom as yet unsorted!

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Wow, more progress. The method clearly works well for you. Your comment about wearing things but it feeling forced really resonated with me. I have a number of items like that, and will now consider whether they need to remain part of my wardrobe.

. said...

I'm so with you on that. I told myself for every new wardrobe piece I create the none wearing\don't even fit correctly has to go. You are doing real good.

. said...

I'm so with you on that. I told myself for every new wardrobe piece I create the none wearing\don't even fit correctly has to go. You are doing real good.

Unknown said...

It will be interesting to see your progress Ruthie.