Quote

Black Lives Matter

Saturday 28 March 2015

Spring Collection

It seems that my spring sewing which I started in earnest about a week ago has a fairly SWAP (Sewing With A Plan) collection look about it, so I had a read up on the SWAP rules and it is looking feasible.

I work full time and spend the weekends with my boyfriend, so the only sewing time is after my evening meal on a week night. On this basis I have picked simple styles which I can sew up in a couple of evenings as this is the only way to have any chance of being done before the end of April. Just to add a bit to the time challenge we are away on holiday the Easter weekend and the following week as well.

So far I have managed to make 4 tops and cut out a 5th one.
I've made 1 bottom, have a skirt and trousers partly constructed and another pair of trousers cut out.
I have the fabric and patterns for the ponte knit skirt and jacket but have not started those yet.

In terms of a twist to a few garments the plans are

- the long aqua skirt converts to a sundress, this is by wearing the top band above the bust, pulling the drawstrings over the shoulder and buttoning them to the back. when worn as a skirt this is long and has a dawstring waist.

- the print top can be worn either with a plain print front and scooped neck and a higher buttoned back, or can be turned around, the button section turned down to be a sort of collar. The button is recycled from an old silk shirt which wore out.

- I might add tabs to the mid blue trousers so they can be rolled up into 3/4 length.

2 comments:

Ann Brodsky said...

I really like all of your pieces. Beautiful colors!

Jenni said...

Sounds like a very manageable plan and the colours are lovely.