Quote

Black Lives Matter

Wednesday 23 July 2014

Black and white leaf print tee

This tee was cut from a small remnant with a seam in one direction and several faults in the other.
There was enough space for a front and back plus a neckband, but nothing for sleeves, so I decided to extend the armholes into little cut on sleeves and see how it worked.
It worked out really well and looks like little short sleeves when being worn.
The shot above has the sleeves pinned to the curtain so you can see the shape slightly better. I have just continued the shoulder line straight out, then gone back in to the bottom of the armhole.
So I traced off my extensions as extra little pattern pieces to insert into the armholes next time I want to do this.
Leaves are my absolute favourite motif, so I feel like I've had this top forever, even though I only just made it. Isn't that wierd?

3 comments:

You Really Sew? said...

What a great design add. Such a cute top and I really like the leaves. Karen in Illinois

Sandra said...

Ruthie, I am really enjoying this series of tops. I love them all. And what a clever idea to extend the shoulder to make sort of a cap sleev I hope you love wearing these tops!

Jenni said...

What a great print and darling little sleeves. Must try that idea myself.